There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Great benefits but a slow moving company

Current Employee - Systems and Data Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Systems and Data Analyst in Seattle, WA

Pros

Opportunity to work with MANY technologies, flexible work schedules, and GREAT benefits. Boeing owns nearly every piece of software ever developed and in many cases Boeing is the largest owner of many pieces of software in existence. This fact alone allows Boeing employees to work closely with other technology companies on top of the line software which translates in to a great learning opportunity. Boeing also allows for flexible work schedules. Many employees work virtually a day or two a week and a few employees work 100% virtual from their homes. Plus Boeing allows for flex time where you can work extra hours one day and take the afternoon off the next. Finally, Boeing has some of the best benefits in the US. It has a huge 401K match plus a fully employer paid pension plan. This on top of their fantastic health, vision and dental insurance and no cost (in most cases) to employees.

Cons

Thing move very slowly. Boeing has a large bureaucracy to navigate to get things done. Projects can drag on for many months or even years due to the huge number of approvals that are needed to get things done. Buying new software can be a nightmare. Also Boeing is a "no-fault" work environment which is a benefit in a sense that you can't get fired for a mistake but this also translates into a lot of lazy workers who don't care about their job. Apparently you can't get fired for that either. Over the next few years, as the baby boomer generation retires from Boeing, I would expect that to change.

Advice to Management

Remove some levels of bureaucracy to allow for easier deployment of cutting edge technologies in a timely fashion.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. ditto..work here for education and not any longer unless you want to be a manager

Current Employee - Struct Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Struct Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Education...work there to retire not to be an engineer...they pay for alot as long as you work. If you are productive your time is productive

Cons

sometime boring...Sometimes seems like way to big of a corporation thats so worried about money. we no bidded a project that would have been awesome to work on because there was risk to managemene

Advice to Management

dont know about senior level...midlevel and site guys do a pretty decent job and they at least try to know who you are and things about you. they also do well to know whats going on and rumor control. So far with upper level theyre doing ok in my opinion...keeping us informed of big decisions and keeing us informed on the industry and our status.

2. Can't satisfy everyone, but we all notice common issue.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Everett, WA

Pros

As a young professional there are tons of opportunites because majority of the folks are and will be retireing in about 10 yrs or less. They will need to fill those higher positions so opportunity growth is great.

Cons

The pay is on the low scale for salary employees, but they offer OT which pays $6.5 + your current salary (hourly rate).

Advice to Management

I would tighten the employee retention and take care of folks who are here. I guarentee if they brought someone from outside to work for Boeing, they would get paid more than the person who has been serving at the Boeing company for 5 + yrs.