If you don't care about being trained properly for your job, then this is the job for you!

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BofI Federal Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is doing good on the stock market.

Cons

The company does not properly train their employees and then have high expectations.

Learn how to manage and train your employees, and talk to them with respect. If you are going to work for a company with no HR Department, then implement someone to handle internal employee conflicts.

Other Reviews for BofI Federal Bank

Anfed is great for someone who has ever used a phone. Simply Unsuccessful Cold Calling

I have been working at BofI Federal Bank

Pros

Affordable Benefits
    You are not micromanaged
    Decent pay if right out of college
    Gym
    Comfortable business Attire, no tie, casual fridays

Cons

no growth opportunity
    if base is 30K and they expect you to make atleast 65-80K after commish, plan on making 30K.....
    anfed is new division
    Work Saturdays once a month. Not compensated any more for it. 12 PTO days, 12 Saturdays....see what they did there??

If we are this great bank, we should not operate on a "do what we say, not what we do" basis

Specialty Finance/AnFed Bank - A great place to work if you are able to sell, or are able to learn to sell.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BofI Federal Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Contrary to many of the reviews on this website, there are actaully many employees that are quite happy with their positions here (including myself). We are compensated well, we receive great benefits, great flexibility, very supportive management staff, the CEO knows our names, and we don't see ourselves leaving for a very very long time. My thoughts are that the negative reviews on here are from individuals that just did not make the cut in the sales positions. It is unfortunate but it happens. Sales isn't for everyone. Especially this type of sale. It is extremely challenging, highly competetive, but is very well rewarding.

Salespeople receive very thorough training in their first week and in every week that follows. The manager to salesperson ratio is 3 to 1, so you receive a lot of personal attention. But, it's the good kind of personal attention, the supportive and encouraging type, you are not micromanaged. You have the flexibility to do your own thing, as long as you hit your call requirements (which is not hard using the Salesforce powerdialer), and are free to ask for help from your manager, any manager, or even your manager's manager (management compensation is pooled so everyone is incentivized to help everyone).

We work on a salesfloor. It's loud, it's exciting, it's fast paced, it's very motivating. If you start working here and need help with anything, you need to speak up. Noone will be able to read your mind, because everyone is working on closing deals and making money,. You should not confuse that with someone's unwillingness to help you. You won't find someone that is unwilling to help at this company, from salesperson to the CEO (open door policy).

Cons

The base salary is okay (average for a sales position in San Diego). We all agree on that. We're not here for the base. We are here to make the commissions that are 3-4 times the base. If you care about the base past your second or third month, then you are not looking at the bigger picture, and this might not be the right position for you. You need to work hard in the beggining to build your pipeline so that you can have a constant flow of deal commissions.

There are newer employer reviews for BofI Federal Bank.

Worked for BofI Federal Bank? Contribute to the Community!