Boise Cascade
www.bc.com Boise, ID 1000 to 5000 Employees

Some very easy jobs, good machines, some very hard jobs with terrible machines.

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
International Falls, MN

I have been working at Boise Cascade full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay, Union, Shift work with a week off every month, pretty much all the overtime you want. Some days are very easy and boring if machines are running good. That is when they are making money, right?

ConsPaper industry is very competitive and management has just cut 300 jobs and the future doesn't look very bright for the 600 that are left. Mill is on Canadian Border, so if you love -40 degree winter days, 8 month winters and a 3 hour drive to get to a major city, this is the right place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle managers are pretty decent, considering all the pressure that is coming from upper management and the almighty stockholders. Free trade act kind of screwed us all.

Union and management at odds made for a bad environment. Promotions based on who you know.

Grader (Former Employee)
Kettle Falls, WA

I worked at Boise Cascade full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, great pay. The coworkers are great people to work with. People are helpful when they are needed. Everything is based on seniority as… Cons: In the summer it's very hot in the mill, well over a hundred with no way to cool off. Management will side with anyone in… Advice to Senior Management: Look at woman and men equally. Use those employees that want to advance. Hold your Supervisors to the highest standards. Promote those that have an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good place to work, gained valuable sales & negotiation experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Boise Cascade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: fast paced, often fun work environment (sales); good health insurance Cons: low pay, mediocre retirement benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boise Cascade.

Worked for Boise Cascade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boise Cascade reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boise Cascade CEO Thomas E. Carlile. All reviews posted anonymously by Boise Cascade employees.