There are newer employer reviews for Bojangles'

It was the worse ever and I hope to never work there again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

I worked at Bojangles'

Pros

Great for high schoolers. That's all it's worth.

Cons

Management does not treat you fairly and plays favorites. Management acts like they're still in high school instead of being of a professional level. If it came to it, I would not trust the management there. They throw you under the bus if anything does not go there way.

Stop being jerks and looking after only yourselves. Treat everyone as you would want to be treated. Give credit to who deserves it. Don't take it if it's not yours.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Bojangles' (View Most Recent)

Looks good on the outside....

Current Employee - IT Department Staff Member in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Department Staff Member in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bojangles'

Pros

They have a decent level of current technology in their IT department.

Cons

Where do I begin? The director over IT is somebody who is VERY unpleasant and somebody you do NOT want to work for. The communication is non-existent. The brown-nosing that goes on there is beyond description. They will drop you for one mistake. No write ups, no warnings - just "You're FIRED!". Do not work for Bojangles IT department. There is much better to be had elsewhere.

Clean out the management of the IT department. This would be an excellent first step.

A few thoughts about Bojangles'

Current Employee - Unit Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Unit Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Bojangles'

Pros

Fast paced, which makes the time go by faster.

Good, regular customers who are used to Bojangles' they know how to order and can be helpful.

You will work.

Company has great potential.

Cons

The "write up" is the norm, and is encouraged. Unit Directors that do not produce "write ups" are seen as not doing their jobs.

Bojangles' does not embrace interpretation, flexibility, or independent thinking at the store level.

All stores are expected to operate in sync and without deviation with no exceptions.

Anything less than "yes" or an answer similar to the one being sought by "upper management" is an excuse, and is not acceptable.

The key to andvancement is to "keep your mouth shut," "say 'yes,sir," and be a company person. Anything less, will be routed out.

Customer complaints are a "no-no." The circumstances do not matter. Where the fault lies does not matter. Everyone (Management and Team) has an equal opportunity to be written up and terminated, whether the complaint was warranted or not.

The bonus program is strongly promoted at the time of hire, and rarely mentioned later. Bonuses are difficult to attain and decreased by variables on all levels; labor, cash, inventory, ShoBo's.

ShoBo's are monthly store evaluations. Unit Directors are encouraged to give up days off, work extra hours (without later compensation or consideration), especially for the yearly challenge which can earn you a $10,000bonus prize.

ShoBo's focus only on the day the inspection is being performed. Good day, good score. Bad day...?

Unit Directors have very little control as a General Manager. The set up of Bojangles' stores are more representative as multi-unit stores run by the Area Directors and the Charlotte office.

I came to Bojangles' because of Randy Kibler. I heard him speak on a Sunday afternoon business program, and I was impressed with his charisma and positive goals for Bojangles'.

I did not realize until joining the team that Upper Management took the path of "Authoritarians" who did not support or have faith in the Management teams running the Units.

None of the wisdom gleaned from General Elecric and Jack Welch, McDonald's and Ray Kroc or similar CEO's who lived the corporate life and the quick service restaurant environment, embraced independent thinking, viewed the management and store team as assets, and promoted customer service as a standard and not merely a goal is practiced or executed within the company. (This is in reference to my rating of Randy Kibler, below)

Bojangles' has been a part of my life for over twenty years. I was a customer and, then I chose to work for Bojangles'.

Bojangles' has the potential to be a leader in their market, but they will not do it.

Bojangles' has to realize that Unit Directors are paid too much money to work as a line employee for 80% of their day.

Bojangles' has to realize that each Unit is independent of the others. No two Units are the same, can be run the same, or should be run the same.

Bojangles' should adopt a bonus program that brings the management team together. A program that bases its bonus on ROI, Team Turn-Over, Speed of Service, and Customer Complaints.

Customer Calls should be handle by a company that focuses on "the complete" picture from the customer, and they should be encouraged to call. Time of day, cleanliness of the store, speed of service, quality of the food, value.

Until Bojangles' embraces their management team as assets that are capable of interpretation and independant action with the best interest of the Company at heart, they will continue to remain neutral in the market.

The ability to open stores does not reflect anything other than the ability to open stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Bojangles'