Bolthouse Farms
www.bolthouse.com Bakersfield, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Would not recommend.

Merchandising (Current Employee)

ProsCo-workers are fun and young. Benefits were ok.

ConsLack of communication and community within the organization. One of the values of the company is "Everything matters." In my experience, it really came down to money. If a project was more lucrative than another, then we would be asked to leave a customer hanging as it is not a "priority." Management is too young. I am ok with constructive criticism but there is a lack of any mentorship. Managers tell you what you do wrong but don't really give you any encouraging words or advice. There direction was very "robotic" like and lacked any emotional connectedness managers should have with their employees.
   When hired on, you are basically left on your own. Sounds great, but make a mostake and youll be sure hear it. The company thinks that someone who does a great job regardless of their personality makes a good leader. Not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to walk before you run. Work on building a positive company culture. There is a reason there is a very high turnover rate in merchandising. Something is not working. It takes much more to run a successful business than just telling people what to do. You need to inspire your employees and you currently do not.

Stay Away!!

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Bolthouse Farms full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Cons: Salary, Salary, Salary. No work/life balance. Advice to Senior Management: Realize you're in Bakersfield and actually make them motivated to want to stay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Seasonal Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Prosser, WA

I worked at Bolthouse Farms full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of hours, good job to save money, Cons: Very fast paced, few days off, night shift is hard No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bolthouse Farms.

Worked for Bolthouse Farms? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bolthouse Farms reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bolthouse Farms CEO Jeff Dunn. All reviews posted anonymously by Bolthouse Farms employees.