Bolthouse Farms
www.bolthouse.com Bakersfield, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Company used to value employees that made them a success, but no more!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are good, caring people that work here, the products are good, and company is innovative.

ConsUpper management does not show that they value employees. They seem to only care about the bottom line and do not consistently invest in employees. Case in point, the company met the convoluted bonus requirements in 2012 but days before the payout, employees were told that a mistake was made and a huge percentage of the bonus was not paid.

There is limited opportunity for advancement. It seems advancement is only offered to those that know the right people and have the same "values" as upper management. If you are a "Yes Man" or "Yes Woman" you will fit right in.

From a work prospective, they do very little or poor planning and are very re-active, so employees end up having an unbalanced, unpredictable work/home life.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out before you destroy the company by running all the talent away or discover that without people the company will eventually fail and make appropriate changes.

Would not recommend.

Merchandising (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bolthouse Farms full-time

Pros: Co-workers are fun and young. Benefits were ok. Cons: Lack of communication and community within the organization. One of the values of the company is "Everything matters." In my experience, it really came down… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to walk before you run. Work on building a positive company culture. There is a reason there is a very high turnover rate in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay Away!!

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Bolthouse Farms full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Cons: Salary, Salary, Salary. No work/life balance. Advice to Senior Management: Realize you're in Bakersfield and actually make them motivated to want to stay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bolthouse Farms.

Worked for Bolthouse Farms? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bolthouse Farms reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bolthouse Farms CEO Jeff Dunn. All reviews posted anonymously by Bolthouse Farms employees.