There are newer employer reviews for Bolthouse Farms

Neither hot nor cold. Not sure if I should spew.

Current Employee - Employee in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bolthouse Farms full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's some great people to work with here. A lot of people with great visions. This seems to be a recurring theme with Bolthouse, but it's absolutely right on.

Cons

Company values and mission for most employees is not clear or even relevant to their positions. Clear and realistic goal setting has been a problem. This year I was asked to hand in a self evaluation based on my goals, I had none. I then made my own for the next year because it's doubtful management will give me any.

There's a sensation of "get'er done (FAST)" which can be facilitated by advances in technology. It's like running downhill, easy at first, but if not careful, the slightest trip could be fatal. Personally, I think slow, plan slower, and have easy and lasting execution. The things they whip out too fast seems to just be redone later.

Bring the business back to basics, the essentials to facilitate creation of a lasting and consistent product. Rethink the mission statement so that no matter where someone is on the totem pole, it makes sense. The mission statement should also indicate how we know we've succeeded in our mission.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Bolthouse Farms (View Most Recent)

A fantastic job for being straight out of college. Learn as much as you can in a year or two and move on.

I worked at Bolthouse Farms full-time

Pros

Great job for self-motivated individuals!

Cons

Upper management could use an intensive HR course on how to manage employees and what is and is not proper when running a business.

Encourage employee growth

Company used to value employees that made them a success, but no more!

I worked at Bolthouse Farms full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are good, caring people that work here, the products are good, and company is innovative.

Cons

Upper management does not show that they value employees. They seem to only care about the bottom line and do not consistently invest in employees. Case in point, the company met the convoluted bonus requirements in 2012 but days before the payout, employees were told that a mistake was made and a huge percentage of the bonus was not paid.

There is limited opportunity for advancement. It seems advancement is only offered to those that know the right people and have the same "values" as upper management. If you are a "Yes Man" or "Yes Woman" you will fit right in.

From a work prospective, they do very little or poor planning and are very re-active, so employees end up having an unbalanced, unpredictable work/home life.

Get out before you destroy the company by running all the talent away or discover that without people the company will eventually fail and make appropriate changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Bolthouse Farms