Bombardier
www.bombardier.com Montreal, Canada 5000+ Employees

Bombardier on the move

Training Representative (Former Employee)
Newark, NJ

I worked at Bombardier

ProsBombardier Transportation is definitely a good place to work. They are very serious about customer satisfaction , the technicans, and thesafety of their workers. Senior Management and HR open the lines of communication with "All Associate" meetings on a monthly basis.

During the meetings the leaders of O & M, Quality, Engineering, Supervisors, HR and even the General Manager will participate in this open forum. The meeting is taken very seriously as a employee engagement tool. The management commnicates the busines information and feedback is taken to evaluate best practices.

Also, there is a vey important shift to shift briefing to assist all in the daily operations of the monorail system. This briefing is very similar to other transportation industries and should be counted as a good benchmark and best practice.

ConsThe competition of the similiar industries encourages the technicans to move on. After getting good training from the site; the technicians seek employment at other transportation companies. The turnover of personnel with 1-2 yearsservice must improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the high employee turnover rates some local locations.

A fair company with many opportunities.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bombardier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fair company, good compensation& benifit, flexible work hours, able to… Cons: Constant Layoffs, IT outsourced Advice to Senior Management: The most recent layoff has hurt many good professionals. Management will regret when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best job ever

Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time for more than a year

Pros: The salary, benefits and enviroment Cons: Any major one, a really good job Advice to Senior Management: Keep the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bombardier.

Worked for Bombardier? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bombardier reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bombardier CEO Pierre Beaudoin. All reviews posted anonymously by Bombardier employees.