There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appétit Management

On-site catering with excellent commitment to local, organic, and healthy food options.

Former Employee - Food Service  in  Caldwell, ID
Former Employee - Food Service in Caldwell, ID

I worked at Bon Appétit Management part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All of my exposure to management gave me lots of experience learning to improve my food knowledge, and gave me the opportunity to help develop other staff members. The company is clearly committed to buying local products and supporting the community they serve. The quality of the food is outstanding. I worked in a variety of capacities for Bon Appetit, and while catering or serving or prepping food itself is not fabulous, the positions are paid well for the area, and it is stable work as long as you work hard! I could always work if I wanted to (as a part-time employee, I could pick up extra shifts, or help in another department).

Cons

Many supervisor changes in my years there. Long hours- but that comes with catering jobs! Food service is sometimes repetitive, but again- that's the job.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Bon Appétit Management (View Most Recent)

good experience not a lot of room to grow.

Current Employee - Barista  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Bon Appétit Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good schedules work mondays to fridays and set hourly schedules. Shut downs on some main holidays.Some times in some cafes almost 2 weeks between christmas and new years some times the time off work great for vacation.

Cons

No good pay rates and when needed you have to move around your station to fill in for others. Vacation time is mostly use during the holidays shut downs and not when you really wan to you work all year to get vacation to use it during the shutdown in the holidays.

Great mission, but execution varies at each account.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bon Appétit Management part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is like a big family. Managers are very approachable and you have the opportunity to wear many different hats. Meals are excellent.

Cons

Sometimes the environment is too much like a big family--bickering, gossip, and favoritism can happen. Not to mention the account may be put under immense pressure and have to take some short cuts in terms of sustainability (the company's main mantra).

Make some surprise visits to the east coast accounts, which seem to see a lot less corporate reps.

There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appétit Management

Worked for Bon Appétit Management? Contribute to the Community!