There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appétit Management

High integrity organization. true to its mission.

I have been working at Bon Appétit Management

Pros

solid company for foodies looking for a stable professional and personal lifestyle.

Cons

for those who need a playbook it can be challenging at times. good for those who are self starters.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Bon Appétit Management (View Most Recent)

Good culture, no transparency.

Current Employee - Barista in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Barista in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bon Appétit Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starting pay is better than other food service. The pace of the jobs are nice. The campus I work on is amazing and most of the facilities are newer which makes for a beautiful work place. The coworkers I have are, in general, affable and kind to work with. It deals like a small company but has all the benefits of a large well established corporate business. The hours, for food service are as good as it gets.

Cons

Hard to find full time hours, even when they have been promised to you. Never expect anything to happen with enough time to prepare. Management at a everyday level is not truthful with what is going on in the shops and plays favorites consistently. Hard to get items that are needed to provide for the customer. Expect to have to do way above and beyond in order to advance. Management expects that workers at all levels knows what is going on campus wide with little or no information being given.

I was outright lied to about advancement and promotion with a pay raise. I have been with the company for 2 years and have never had a review. I also had to write my own job titles/ responsibilities at one point and was given no feedback- horribly frustrating. I was supervising a cafe (FOH) managing 4 people and 3 orders. I was offered a promotion that would have had me managing a coffee shop- another 3 people to manage and 3 more orders- and cafe. I was excited to have more responsibility and learn more. I turned it down when they offered me only $1.50 more an hour to more than double my workload. After I turned the promotion down I was given half the work that would have been included in the promotion and no raise. I went from not doing any of the cash handling to having to handle money from 3 separate cafes/coffee shops on campus- with no compensation. When I asked to set down to working in a coffee shop I was treated like I had done something horrible and no one had any conversations with me about why I stepped down.

Long story short I wouldn't recommend it unless you're looking to work really hard and maybe get nowhere.

Create a more effective and efficient training system.
    Be more transparent with what you want and need from your employees.
    If you demand more work from managers/supervisors- pay them more.
    Help your team to know and understand changing focus on campus.
    Work on daily communication between management and supervisors.
    Time worked should always be time paid.

Wonderful People

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Bon Appétit Management part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Immensely kind, sweet people in management. They truly care about their employees.

Cons

Work can become monotonous, as all creativity is determined by HQ in California

There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appétit Management