There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appetit

Overall it was a delightful experience

Former Employee - Caterer
Former Employee - Caterer

I worked at Bon Appetit

Pros

Some pros about working at Bon Appetit are good camaraderie amongst co-workers, a chance to deal with customers, definitely a place for a person who enjoys being around people.

Cons

A con for Bon Appetit is there isn't much room for growth, and most the skills learned here don't transfer over to another field.

Keeping everything the same

reviews filtered by
  1. Has been a great experience so far

Current Employee - Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Bon Appetit

Pros

Respect by mgt has proven to me I can speak and be heard and I feel very valued.

Cons

Pay too low for work load

Up the starting pay scale

2. Can be horrible or great.

Former Employee - Catering Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Catering Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bon Appetit full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Farm to fork program, sustainable solutions. The pay was okay and benefits were acceptable. Hourly staff was wonderful to work with. The food is very creative and tasted great. Had opportunity to try foods that would not been able to otherwise.

Cons

Horrible management team, disrespectful, and threats of bodily injury were common. The Gm, operations manager and executive chef were like a high school click. Verbal abuse was a daily occurrence. When HR was notified about the hostile environment, I was dismissed because of " customer complaints". When in fact I was let go because I stood up to the three jerks that were in charge and the college wanted to save money. To this day no one has been hired to replace me. Our clients told us what they wanted but the chef refused to make it without making it with some obscure ingredient added to it.

Learn how to be part of a team and listen to other people. Our clients should be the most important thing, not the egos of the chef and operations manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appetit