Bon Appetit
bamco.com

Be prepared to have good days and bad days. Certain chefs can be a bit bipolar at times!

Server, Porter (Current Employee)
Berrien Springs, MI

Pros- Stable hours. You don't have to worry about too much variability in your paycheck, which is good for budgeting.
- Clean and safe environment.
- Not too fast paced most of the time.

Cons- Benefits at my location were horrible. The only "benefit" was 40% off of a single meal after working 12 hours. When you're not getting too many hours, that benefit leaves a lot to be desired! On top of barely earning above the minimum wage, the benefit is basically negligible.
- Lack of "community" feeling. Upper management has no interest in knowing non full-time employees. I still don't understand how you can't call someone by their name when you have a nametag on!
- Chefs at my location are either nice, or complete jerks (for no reason whatsoever!). You kind of have to learn who to stay away from.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more friendly to the workers! Take five seconds out of your "busy" day spent in the executive office and ask workers how they're doing, if they had a good weekend, etc. Make the working experience a little more enjoyable!

Unfriendly and rude management, unfair and biased dealings

Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Bon Appetit part-time for less than a year

Pros: meal coupons, friendly coworkers, easy to learn work. Cons: Too much physical work, less opportunity to move forward. Inflexible… Advice to Senior Management: be more humane and staff centric No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mediocre job with okay benefits and low pay.

Barista (Current Employee)
    Northfield, MN

I have been working at Bon Appetit full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of time off (unpaid) as the restaurant is only staffed minimally during summer and time off for students (you get two weeks off for… Cons: It is disorganized, and the pay is not good. The pay seems okay, however with all the time off it makes your annual income… Advice to Senior Management: Be professional and take employees behaving badly seriously. It is frustrating for people that work hard every… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bon Appetit.

Worked for Bon Appetit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bon Appetit reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Bon Appetit employees.