Bon-Ton Stores

www.bonton.com

Nice department store if you like retail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExciting, fast paced retail environment. 25% discount on top of great sales is generous. Good benefit package for full timers. Nice retail sales job for college students and retirees.

ConsRetail isn't for everyone - you're always on your feet. Special sales can have you starting at 6am and working as late as midnight. Raises are based on merit reviews and it's almost impossible to get the maximum .25/hr. raise. Lots of pressure to meet sales/credit goals. Very few opportunities for advancement. There's a very high employee turnover rate - employees get burned out from the pressure or discouraged when they realize they're at a dead end job.

Advice to Senior Managementnone for store managers because they too are under a lot of pressure from their higher-ups to meet their goals and quotas. Advice to corporate - get out and try working a month in a store to experience the pressure, under staffing and low wages.

Ok place to work if you don't like being around a lot of people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ashland, KY

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's helps pay the bills.the people you work around are… Cons: Can never get the stuff you need to make your less stressful.the area sucks… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great PT job if you just want some extra money to spend, NOT for full time

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pretty much what everyone else is saying: -Generous discount -Great merchandise (for the most part) -Coupons can get you really good deals if you know how to use… Cons: -Very stressful workdays (esp. weekends) because they keep cutting hours so we are constantly understaffed and the department is on the brink of collapse -Company… Advice to Senior Management: Middle management is fine for the most part..sometimes I feel bad for them because they have so much pressure from upper level. It's the store… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bon-Ton Stores.

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!