The Road to Nowhere

Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Tech in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Tech in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping customers and fellow associates to have a pleasant shopping or working experience. Some nice programs supporting charities.

Cons

Simply a ship named S.S. Hypocrisy . A road paved with broken dreams of those who gave decades of their lives to line the pockets of a few.

Advice to Management

Closed management systems that give no weight to employee/customer suggestions or concerns.

Other Employee Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Worst Place I have ever worked!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hanover, PA

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the girls are nice (not many) and hours are flexible.

Cons

Everything in that store is a con. The girls that work there are absolutely some of the rudest people I have ever met. 95% of them do not do their jobs so other people have to pick up the slack. They all take 45 minute breaks when they should be on their 15. The management is rude and creates more drama on the floor than the actual associates. I always heard them talking behind other employees backs. This group of women are some of the most unprofessional people I have ever encountered in the job field. Any suggestion you make to them doesn't matter in their eyes. They don't know how to control their employees. The sales associates are constantly gossiping about other employees. They also lied after I quit and said that I didn't give two weeks notice when I did and worked those whole two weeks. The store is messy and full of bugs. They hire associates at all different wages. So at one point I was working there for two years and a girl who was 16 who just got hired was making much more than I was.

Advice to Management

Try actually caring about your employees. You are all in your 30s and 40s, grow up. You aren't in high school. All of you should be replaced anyway. And hire everyone at the same wage.

Treatment of Sales Associates

Current Employee - Lancome Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lancome Sales Associate

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful sales associates to work with!!!

Cons

Extremely unorganized in scheduling practices, ad sets, markdowns and placement. Sales associates not property trained on the job or even by outside work sessions, etc. Oftentimes, demeaning treatment by Department Managers.

Advice to Management

Start treating your store managers and your sales associates with respect. You get what you give and what you pay for. It's that simple. Customers know this and when they see and hear those who are mistreated or disgruntled it affects them as well. There is no reason on this earth to have the expectations management has on those who perform to the best of their ability (only being given on average) 12 - 15 hours per week. Being demanding about credit applications and order management is ridiculous and unrealistic given the amount of hours and employees within a store. It just turns both associates and customers away. Is it all worth it? What a shame.