The Road to Nowhere

Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Tech in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Tech in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping customers and fellow associates to have a pleasant shopping or working experience.
Some nice programs supporting charities.

Cons

Simply a ship named S.S. Hypocrisy .
A road paved with broken dreams of those
 who gave decades of their lives to line the pockets of a few.

Advice to Management

Closed management systems that give no weight to employee/customer suggestions or concerns.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Treatment of Sales Associates

Current Employee - Lancome Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lancome Sales Associate

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful sales associates to work with!!!

Cons

Extremely unorganized in scheduling practices, ad sets, markdowns and placement. Sales associates not property trained on the job or even by outside work sessions, etc. Oftentimes, demeaning treatment by Department Managers.

Advice to Management

Start treating your store managers and your sales associates with respect. You get what you give and what you pay for. It's that simple. Customers know this and when they see and hear those who are mistreated or disgruntled it affects them as well. There is no reason on this earth to have the expectations management has on those who perform to the best of their ability (only being given on average) 12 - 15 hours per week. Being demanding about credit applications and order management is ridiculous and unrealistic given the amount of hours and employees within a store. It just turns both associates and customers away. Is it all worth it? What a shame.

If only you knew

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

meet/work w/ grate people associate dis count

Cons

retune policy , management costumer 1st credit goals

Advice to Management

Take employees seriously and listen to their opinion's when given because the costumer tells us all the time they like this here but then a department moves because of visual "needs" and we (sale associate's ) get the angry costumers not liking the new change after we tell you this but we get blown off. Not only that we are over worked always when someone calls out which they do everyday instead of calling someone in we are stuck doing twice the work for the same low pay of $8.00 and then you guys want everything perfect at the end of the night No it does not work like that we are only one person we have fitting rooms ring out costumer get the phone look for this clean that add set get your credits, Credits are hard to get due the that fact that 95% of the people that shop at Herbage's has store card all ready and we get in trouble because we don't make out quota lower the quota or take it out we really do try and ask we are really poorly treated and not respect at all and we are thrown under the bus by management so much and when ever we are really bizzy mangers never answer there phone and when you need them to come where you are the ask are you with a customer and if you say yes then ill be right up and if you say no you will never see them I know this is long but very true which s sad to say because there are a lot of good workers there that get treated very poorly by management and you cant move up with in the company unless you been there forever and only then you would be come a manger in training and then which you will never be a manger so if Herbage's Roseville is to every see this is how everyone feels trust me and mostly the people that's has been there for a long time