There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Wonderful Private Brand Teams

Current Contractor - Freelance Entry Level Assistant Design in Milwaukee, WI
Current Contractor - Freelance Entry Level Assistant Design in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Team Work to work with

Cons

Not any that I could think of.

Not any that I could think of.

reviews filtered by

Don't do it

Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A good place if you don't mind no raises and being treated like a 3 year old. Management won't ever recognize your abilities and what you can bring to the company but rather who you are friends with and if you fit into their click.

Cons

The store could be a good place , but the management team is corrupt. They do exactly what you are not supposed to do. They use company budget for food/parties /rewards/ for the store to reward achievement or success on sales or holiday parties for all store employees, on internal personal lunches for the management team. The management hides new merchandise in closets for months until it reaches black dot for markdown and then purchase for themselves. They belittle and harass good employees to try to get them to quit, because , your not part of their click. Hundreds of complaints even come in about our store and they are taken care of , because our store manager is a personal "friend" of the regional manager, so he makes all of her mistakes disappear. Too many corrupt stories to even explain, just don't do it!

Get a new store manager immediately. Investigate the person covering her tracks. Fire the immediate management team.start with a fresh bunch of chiefs and you will find the Indians are much happier! And your store might start showing some profit.

Meh

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very typical retail experience; better than unemployment.

Cons

Like I said, it's a very typical retail experience.

Don't be so inconsistent about coupons, leaving the customer fuming about the deceptive fine print and then just giving them the coupon anyway if they make enough of a fuss that we have to call a manager, while the good ones either just suck it up unhappily or stop shopping at your stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores