Wonderful Private Brand Teams

Current Employee - Freelance Entry Level Assistant Design  in  Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Freelance Entry Level Assistant Design in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Team Work to work with

Cons

Not any that I could think of.

Not any that I could think of.

Other Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Don't do it

Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager  in  Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A good place if you don't mind no raises and being treated like a 3 year old. Management won't ever recognize your abilities and what you can bring to the company but rather who you are friends with and if you fit into their click.

Cons

The store could be a good place , but the management team is corrupt. They do exactly what you are not supposed to do. They use company budget for food/parties /rewards/ for the store to reward achievement or success on sales or holiday parties for all store employees, on internal personal lunches for the management team. The management hides new merchandise in closets for months until it reaches black dot for markdown and then purchase for themselves. They belittle and harass good employees to try to get them to quit, because , your not part of their click. Hundreds of complaints even come in about our store and they are taken care of , because our store manager is a personal "friend" of the regional manager, so he makes all of her mistakes disappear. Too many corrupt stories to even explain, just don't do it!

Get a new store manager immediately. Investigate the person covering her tracks. Fire the immediate management team.start with a fresh bunch of chiefs and you will find the Indians are much happier! And your store might start showing some profit.

A pushy place to work.

Former Employee - Stock Clerk  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Peoria, IL

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get customer service experience, in person and over the phone. Learn a lot about bridal registries.

Cons

Not much room to advance, and get very little respect from management. In fact, if you don't make friends with other associates you won't learn how to do anything involving warehouse orders, product look up, or bridal registries

There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores.

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!