A good place to work. I recommend it to others.

Former Employee - Assistant Area Sales Manager  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Assistant Area Sales Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

The people were great; everyone worked as a team. I had the pleasure of working with a lot of fun, happy people. Was sorry I left.

Cons

The pay isn't the greatest, but there is room for advancement.

Doing a good job at the Oakview Mall in Omaha, NE!

Other Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Just Don't...

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Easton, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Easton, PA

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

One pro was that they would give you a dollar or two (depending on how badly in need they were) for every store credit you could open.

Cons

There was no work/life balance. In the entire time I worked there I did not get one entire weekend off. It was very clique-y there too. The older people treated the younger people like crap and the younger people were trashy (at least in the store that I worked in.) There was waaaayyyy too much pressure to open a store credit. It was nearly impossible though, since most of the customers are regulars who already have one. The mean old ladies could open them though, because they were mean and old. And persistent. And mean. They store manager barely acknowledged you and if you make a mistake he berates you and then you never hear from him again. Just don't work here. You will regret it.

Stop being idiots.

It's fine, for retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

Your co-workers are a great team and the management is very keen on customer service. Customers flood the store for sales and they really like the stores, so you can perform very well as a sales associate.

Cons

It's retail. You know the drill. Very high expectations from management with poor compensation and little room for advancement within the company. Don't expect to spend a lot of time with your family.

Give associates more compensation and stop overcrowding commission departments--it is hard to make a living wage on slow days when there are few customers. Make sure you advertise better for "small" sales events. Be more flexible when it comes to time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores.

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!