There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

It's Retail, what can you do?

Former Employee - Associate  in  Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Associate in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

Flexible schedule, other employees are usually nice people, management is good, pay is alright, the clothing discount is 25% after 1 year of employment

Cons

Management does a terrible job of disciplining poor associates, lots of time standing which is painful on your feet because you have to wear dress shoes which usually are not very comfortable, during the holiday season it gets ridiculously busy and customers are usually rude and irritated which makes your day worse as well.

Revamp the store because it looks like a Kohls, bring back the sturdy shopping bags with handles, put in windows on the upper floor, and CHANGE THE MUSIC EVERY NOW AND THEN.

250 Other Employee Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores (View Most Recent)

Top down senior management style, autocratic

Former Employee - DVP DMM  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - DVP DMM in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

Working within my division we had strong teamwork between the merchants and the planning team. We all knew the goals and colaborative together to achieve them. Streong relationship between the merchants and the Stores organization.

Cons

Limited input from the merchants to develop their own business plans. All financial and merchandise plans were developed by senoir management. In one season, my financial plans were changed after the season had started without any prior discussion. Senior management talks about an entrepreneurial spirit but it is only lip service.

This past Holiday should give senior management that what they are doing isn't working. For Nov/Dec they ranked at or near the bottom of department store comps. Let your divisionals and buyers do their job, stop micromanaging every process.

Pays well but that is the only positive aspect of being employed there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Blaine, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Blaine, MN

I have been working at Bon-Ton Stores

Pros

Good pay, great clientele, and friendly co- workers.

Cons

Regardless of length of service or excellent reviews, management uses scheduling as a way to punish employees. Hours are not fairly distributed by management and it is blatantly obvious.

Treat employees with respect because they are competent and capable. If you don't like your job, leave. Don't take your unhappiness out on great employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!