There are newer employer reviews for Bonobos

great place great place great

I worked at Bonobos

Pros

great people at bonobos it's true

Cons

none - honestly can't think of any.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Bonobos (View Most Recent)

The best company to work for in retail

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bonobos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people, a great culture. If you don't end up being friends with your coworkers, you must be actively avoiding it. A vacation policy that treats people like adults (do what's right for you and do what's right for the company), various other perks and most of all, an annual camping trip where you get to truly know the people you spend tons of hours with. Most importantly, everyone is passionate and for the most part, passionate about fulfilling the company's mission. Company values are something to be proud of. Amazing company discount.

Cons

This really depends on who you are. If you want a 9-5 job, look elsewhere. For someone looking for a pure startup culture, you're not going to get it here. This is a hybrid startup / fashion company.

As the company gets larger, it'll continue to be a challenge to scale the culture. When a company is 50 people, it's easy to hire everyone that truly wants to put their blood sweat and tears into a company. When it's 200, it's more likely that people will choose Bonobos for a paycheck.

Finally, limited resources. But for anyone whose worked at a startup, they understand this. This isn't google or apple who is printing money in a back room. I believe the company will get there but it's not there yet.

Place a greater emphasis and reward structure around those individuals who interact with our customers. Too much emphasis seems to be placed on the teams that design the clothes (as is the case with traditional retail) or the tech team (as is the case with a startup). Bonobos customers love our customer service so let's elevate those individuals.

Lengthy interview process with multiple changes to the role including f/t to p/t, perm to temp, and salary before offer.

I have been working at Bonobos

Pros

They have some truly passionate hardworking employees. I really enjoyed meeting with the several employees that I interviewed with. I didn't mind that I interviewed with 7 or 8 people because I understood the company better having done so. Another pro is that I think the company is in a growth phase which is exciting.

Cons

I did not accept the position as the interview process lasted three months and the position I interviewed for changed from perm to temporary and other changes that I would have not applied for had it initially been disclosed. I didn't mind the thoroughness of the interview process it was that they were very indecisive in their decisions and I was really looking for a long term position. They changed it to temp to perm and as a temp they offered me salary which I wasn't happy with either. A temporary role of that nature would have needed to be hourly. During the third month of the interview process I was offered a perm position closer to home. I'm not regretful of my decision.

Bonobos is a good company. My only advise would be to make sure you understand what you are looking for and what you are budgeted for in a position before you go out and interview for the position. I understand things change but you have to think about the lives of the people you are interviewing, as well as what is beneficial for the company. That's my two cents.

There are newer employer reviews for Bonobos

Worked for Bonobos? Contribute to the Community!