There are newer employer reviews for Bonobos

The best work experience I've ever had!

I have been working at Bonobos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bonobos is a company filled with incredibly bright, hard-working people who don't take themselves too seriously but are passionate about building the best clothing company of all time. They know how to work hard and play hard (Cliché Alert--but it's true!). Everyone is given a substantial amount of responsibility and clearly understands that how well they do their jobs affects the success of the business. The company is committed to letting employees exercise their judgment in making decisions, from Associates on up to VP's. It's a best-ideas-win kind of place where even entry-level employees can contribute immediately through the exchange of ideas. Expectations are extremely high throughout the company's departments, but those who perform well are recognized team-wide for their contributions. It's a highly-collaborative atmosphere in which even junior employees can work on important projects that have a direct effect on the business. My experience here has been incredible particularly when I talk to other friends who work in startup companies of a similar size. The energy is contagious and the people are what make this place so truly special. It's not for everyone--and they're picky about who they choose to hire--but those who make the cut all help to make this the incredible place to work it is.

Cons

There's not a lot of hand-holding--this is not the place for those who want to be coddled. Sometimes when you're thrown into the deep end you can feel overwhelmed, but there's plenty of support for those who aren't afraid to ask and the end result is that employees learn more faster and become self-sufficient earlier in their careers.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Bonobos (View Most Recent)

The vision is the glue that keeps us afloat.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bonobos full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun & funny, environment to work in.
    - Creativity is supported
    - Transparency is celebrated.
    - Good amount of recognition for jobs well done.
    - Lots of opportunities for growth.
    - Anything but boring.
    - Our product rocks.

Cons

Cons:
    - Culture can be "cult-ish" and often feels fratty. (This can be fun for some)
    - Office is dirty, loud, over-crowded. Never enough meeting rooms.
    - Crazy amount of turnover.
    - Morale is poor, but everyone believes in the ultimate vision which keeps people there.
    - Upper management makes questionable decisions.
    - Most employees feel stressed and stretched too thin.

Product and our vision is sound. Spend more time improving, supporting and listening to employees and it will = success.

Fun, Smart, Fulfilling Work Environment

I have been working at Bonobos

Pros

Bonobos has a great energy that you feel when you walk through the door. The team is made up of smart, hard-working people who are incredibly passionate about what they do. It's really inspiring to watch each team work so hard to reach the common goal of making and keeping Bonobos awesome.
    The absolute funniest people I've ever met are all Bonobos employees. The place is ripe with comedic geniuses.

Cons

If you're into quiet offices where no one really talks, this isn't the place for you. The teams work collaboratively and the open areas of the office can get a bit loud. It's nothing that headphones can't fix, but if you're not into robust work environments, this probably isn't the office for you. On the other hand, if you like to see and hear the hustle and bustle, you'll love the Bonobos office.

There are newer employer reviews for Bonobos

Worked for Bonobos? Contribute to the Community!