Awesome Job!!!!!

Current Employee - Acquisitions Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Acquisitions Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic!!!!!
Work environment is laid back.
Salary is Awesome for the responsibilities.
Best sales job in the world.
IATA Card
Not a sales based company so quotas are big but they are flexible.
Management is flexible and understanding.
Many team based activities.
If you are not in the industry they will still give you an opportunity.
Chicago downtown location.
Good commuter benefits and sales support materials.
The travel makes it not boring. No burn out possibilities because of the amount of travel.
Many employee based activities and they are focused on team building.

Cons

So far none...

I havent been doing this for a long time but I'm super happy.

Ohh.... Running out of hotels to acquire LOL It's a CON I can deal with because of the benefits.

Advice to Management

None I feel they are doing a great job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company is on a path to failure, don't waste your time working here

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no Pros working for this company. The only pros working for this company is to get experience and go work for another OTA (Online Travel Agent). I did make some good friends and those

Cons

Where to begin....

Absolutely horrible compensitation
    Nothing but micro managers in charge
    No loyalty
    Unrealistic Goals
    Horrible customer service
    Poor bonus structure (1-2k per quarter)
    you will get an email every quarter letting you know the company broke another profit record and you will be rewarded with nothing or 60% of your bonus (which equates to less then 1k after taxes)
    I made the company over 10 Million in commission last year, and got my full bonus once
    Management will betray your trust in a heart beat
    If you have an opinion or like to speak your mind then you will definitely get written up and try to muscle you out of the company

I can go on and on but my only advice to you if you are looking to work here is that you shouldnt. I have worked at previous corporations but let me tell you that this one in perticular has a very toxic environment. Management has no idea what they are doing and are constantly micro managing. This job is meant for very simple minded people who are not looking for growth. Do not trust management as they will betray you the second they get a chance. Obviously you can see this by all the other negative reviews written about the company. If you do end up working here then I would suggest you learn the indusrty as best you can and leave to another company that actually pays well and takes care of their employees just as I did. They continously promote the wrong people and it causes a ripple affect as none of these people have ever managed anyone.

Advice to Management

Your company is on a path to failure, both clients and employees recognize this and although you think you control the market now, your lack of respect will result in your decline, I assure you! Learn to have respect for people and stop micro managing everyone. you set unrealistic goals and I assure you more and more people will be leaving your company.

Do NOT be fooled!

Current Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Brand awareness in Europe...the ONLY reason they're winning at the moment.

-Great industry networking opportunity

-overtime pay along with salary, works well when traveling and putting in long hours on the road.

-...I would be making it up

Cons

-Incompetent Management team, very afraid of anyone who may have good work ethic and more industry experience than themself.

-Employees are trained to exhibit an equal, diverse, open, utopian type environment...however this is an act. The average employee in the New York office has been there 12 months, and are more than likely getting their feet wet in the corporate world (first job)...therefore disciples are easily manipulated and molded to shady company culture. If I ran into any of my co-workers later in life I would not hire!

-Although there are attempts to paint a "fun" picture, the environment is very tense....imagine supervisors looking over your shoulder. Imagine sales trainers stirring the pot with petty office gossip...imagine the trainers and supervisors conspiring against account managers for job security.

- The pay is below industry average.

-Not sure what the other subsricber was referring to but there are NO PERKS! Are you referring to an IATAN card? The perk is you get to keep your job.

-After you have submitted to the extensive background check (but no drug test hmmm??!?) you can count on insecure supervisors reaching out to friends in the industry to get the "scoop" on you...lol! sad.

Advice to Management

You need to wake up...and I am addressing the big guys in Amsterdam...you may've sent your henchmen to the states to funnel info back to you, but they are going to DESTROY your company.