Booking.com

There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

Horrible Place to Work At

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Location (downtown in the loop)
Convenient Hours (9-5)
Paid days off that most companies don't offer (Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day)
Some of the people are very nice
Decent health insurance

Cons

The compensation here is terrible and the pay is very low. They set the bonus goal so high, that hardly anyone in the company achieves it. Management encourages you to ask questions, but when you do, they yell at you and tell you to figure it out on your own. They can't even explain to you how the bonus structure works. They spend ridiculous amount of money on lavish, fancy parties to keep their clients happy. Most of the clients are angry because customer service provides them with such poor service. The workers around you are constantly chatting about their personal life and things you should not bring into work, which makes it very difficult for you to concentrate on your work. Brown nosing and kissing up here will get you much further than actually being good at your job. If this is your type of company, you would be a good fit. Otherwise, there are much better companies out there that will appreciate your hard work and effort. This office also has a very high turnover rate, which should tell you all you need to know.

Stop being micro-managers
Offer employees a corporate credit card, so they are not having to dish out hundreds of their own dollars when traveling, and then waiting weeks to get reimbursed
Be more professional when communicating what you would like done
Explain bonus structure

223 Other Employee Reviews for Booking.com (View Most Recent)

well what can I say

Current Employee - RAM  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - RAM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much. It's a job. How much longer will we need OTA marketing with Google on the rise? Its a job for now and I do not think I can say much more.
    The company does not discriminate against persons with disabilities, so that would be a "Pro" right? :)
    The company makes great efforts (keyword efforts) to initiate team drinking...I mean... building no I meant drinking :(
    Great job for gossipy ex-starwood, recent college grads. :)

Cons

Never seen so much catty behavior.
    Low Pay.
    Everyone is so afraid.
    No growth....I mean where can you really go in the company...wait 5 years...and throw your friends under the bus.

Can you define Karma... It is the company culture.

Satisfactory entry-level job in editing

Former Employee - Content Editor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Content Editor in Houston, TX

I worked at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment and morale, good company standards, lots of travel and relocation opportunities, fun team atmosphere

Cons

Not a large variety of work to do, work was slow at the beginning of the quarter, pay could have been higher

There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!