Very Misleading

Former Employee - Coordinator
Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Decent training program, and have remained close with the associates in my training class.

Cons

Management that really go against what the company claims. Instead of looking out for the interests of their team and crafting a development plan, they are consistently looking out for their own self-interests. I received an enormous amount of work to complete in a very short amount of time, received little to no praise for the work I completed, and never felt valued by the company for the short time I was there.

Advice to Management

Please phrase your job descriptions more accurately in the future; a Coordinator should not be as administrative and clerical as mine ended up being. Also, serve as a mentor for your team and be relationship builders as managers. I was very unhappy with my experience at Booking.com, from day 1 until I left the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Booking.com

Certain perks, but didn't buy into company culture

Former Employee - Revenue Manager
    Former Employee - Revenue Manager

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-work happy hours, lunches -clean, state of the art office -great benefits -interesting travel opportunities for training & hotel visits -international, successful company

Cons

-employees are recognized, but on arbitrary booking records based on seasonal demand, not necessarily performance -very high turnover which goes unaddressed and thereby decreases office morale -lots of closed-door meetings and back-biting -lower pay than competitors -Senior Account Managers play favorites and hire/promote people not necessarily qualified (ie. people without bachelors degrees or revenue management backgrounds) -Ideas and suggestions on process changes are unwelcome

Advice to Management

try to create a better environment to improve retention & work ethic

Not all it's cracked up to be

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work, lots of free time to throw balls at each other and goof off and make fun of people. It's like high school all over again.

Cons

Management is pathetic (especially Areas and most Seniors, they can't even use the system themselves in most cases); hard work and intelligence goes unnoticed if they don't like you for whatever reason; promises are a dime a dozen, US management doesn't follow the company culture in any sense of the word; unrealistic goals (who's coming up with this? DO THEY HAVE ANY TYPE OF REVENUE ANALYST BACKGROUND??); did I mention empty promises and crap managers who spend all their time developing themselves and leave the less informed employees to be trained by their colleagues? Oh, and the pay is pathetic.

Advice to Management

1) move to an island in the Pacific 2) stay there