Booking.com

www.workingatbooking.com

Common theme here is low pay, favoritism, and low morale

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Fun growing company. Holiday party in Amsterdam. Offers a better product than other companies. When you wear company swag people on the street yell BOOKING.YEAH!

ConsPay is very low for the industry and the amount of work required. Promotions not based on merit but how much your boss actually likes you. If your boss doesn't like you, even if you are always overachieving goals and helping your team achieve theirs, your accomplishment mean very little. The most productive and talented employees are not respected. The public group firing was very unprofessional. There are some very good people working here. Let their numbers do the talking, not the politics. These are common complaints for EVERY office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has acknowledged that they do read these reviews, however instead of offering higher salaries, they increased work load. Stop fostering a company culture where favoritism is highly valued. You will see an increase in morale and productivity. You are making it so that the natural leaders have the lowest morale. So instead of wanting be a positive force they do the bare minimum to not get fired and keep collecting checks. Study successful companies and their leadership values and maybe these negative reviews will turn around and increase the companies revenue.

A land of make-believe with inexperienced managers who award the brown nosers and true talent is viewed as a threat

Revenue Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Good entry position if looking for a way into the industry. - Can advance fairly quickly if you focus your time on making… Cons: - Very low morale - Not a good place to work if you have a family, or want one - Not judged on your merit, but on… Advice to Senior Management: Get some management training so that you can stop feeling threatened by employees that possess real talent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unethical Practices, Poor Management; Uneducated HR Staff, Like High School

Credit Controller (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: There are many wonderful people there- just none in management. Cons: Nothing done to stop the harassment and bullying of employees Unethical, management is a joke, human resources is a joke. It takes 10 months for… Advice to Senior Management: Hire HR managers that are familiar with state and federal laws. Promote people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Booking.com.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!