Booking.com

www.workingatbooking.com

Management consists of liars, bullies, and the unqualified

Credit Controller (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsYou will meet many good decent people, none in management. Nice trips and holiday party. Hours are fine. Pay is not in the top percentile, but it is more than minimum wage. Management will make plenty of promises. They will never mean them and certainly won't follow through. Will look good on your resume which will come in handy when you realize you're wasting your time there and finally look for a job with decent company.

ConsJust about everything. Team leads have no desire to actually work. They have no accountability for not doing the basic requirements of the position. They are allowed to take 3xs the amount of earned PTO, come and go as they please, then write up the hard working people for being a few minutes late. The rest of the time is split between meeting with each other, getting as many company paid lunches as possible, and making everyone else's life hell. This includes making up policies depending on mood and outright lies about policies. They will also stand in the middle of the department bashing each other, thier teams, and the company. Bullying is common practice and HR is either too stupid or lazy to help. The zero tolerance policy on retaliation is just a bunch of words on paper. The area managers refuse to help, probably because it would mean working. The newest regional manager has proven to be a liar in everything that was ever said. Workload is overwhelming and don't you dare ask for help. I doubt any of them even understand how to actually do the job. If you want to move up, forget it. They lie and claim that the focus is development, but in actuality it's made to be your responsibility. Oh! You're also not allowed to try to develop yourself. That will end with a write-up for asking questions of a member of management that is not your direct supervisor. Changes and decisions are never shared. They wait for you to accidentally find out then berate you for not knowing.Bonus structure is also a big secret. You have no idea where you stand or if you're even meeting targets. For the love of God, if you're thinking about taking a job there, don't!

Advice to Senior ManagementFinally do somethingabout the management that you have in place. Does the Booking.com formula mean anything to you?? The employees can't continue to hold these idiots up. We are struggling to make the targets and we can't get any help. The management team is holding us back. I just don't get how you can care so little about the people working so hard to produce the amazing results you see month after month. Step in. Get rid of the HR management and start over. Get rid of the dead weight on the department management team. Why pay them to do nothing? If they can't do the requirements of the job and can't bother to show up, why keep them around? It's liability to have management that doesn't care for the company's best interest and tells everyone your personal information.

False Hope

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get to meet some truly nice people. Cons: False promises of advancing. Managers promote who they go drinking with, rather than those who perform. Extremely catty environment. Pay isn't good compared with market… Advice to Senior Management: Stop acting like you're in high school, and be professional. If you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Training and Environment to Grow with Other Company's

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Young and Fun Colleagues Well known Brand. Holiday Party in Amsterdam Many… Cons: Unattainable Goals Disappointing Pay structure even within the own company portfolio. Nearly 15 grand less than Priceline.com sister site for same position. Company is headquartered in… Advice to Senior Management: Take control of your own offices, and local country's policy's and procedures. Listen to what your partners want. A company this size needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Booking.com.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!