Booking.com

www.workingatbooking.com

Surrounded by smart people, solving interesting problems that impact a huge number of people

Web Designer (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsSmart, international workforce. Working on problems that impact people. Great resources and access to whichever tools you need to do your job. Data-driven process helps inform and challenge you as to what the impact of design decisions is on the end user, and in turn the business.

You are genuinely empowered to make things better, both on the site and in yourself. Booking provides a lot of training opportunities: technical, communication, management and if you're interested in learning it, Dutch. Opportunities for professional and personal development are many, and if you're passionate and motivated you can move into different roles.

The environment is friendly and casual, in a beautiful building on a canal in the centre of Amsterdam.

ConsOffice politics, technical debt, internal communication, Dutch people.

People endlessly complaining about the lunch provided in the office, which for €2 is amazing. Airconditioning is freezing all year round. Noise that goes with working in an open-plan office.

Difference in company culture between departments — IT is amazing and relaxed, other departments sound like they're run in a very different (and sometimes not very nice) manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater transparency on decision-making process.

Few carreer opportunities, office politics, lousy mid-management (team leaders)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice people, office in the centre of Amsterdam Cons: incompetent team leaders, bullying, jealousy Advice to Senior Management: they are aware of this already No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros: Culture, People, Atmosphere, Development, Fantastic Cons: To play hard, you work hard Advice to Senior Management: uphold the company values at all times. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Booking.com.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!