Booking.com

www.workingatbooking.com

Did I Really Do This For Two Years?

Content Editor (Former Employee)

ProsI went to Amsterdam and traveled the U.S. for a few business trips. Those are my happiest memories of the company...when I wasn't actually doing work.

Booking.com gave everyone an iPad for Christmas and threw a super amazing Christmas party at the Amsterdam headquarters, filled with booze, house music, and actual fun.

Most of the people I worked with are smart, talented, creative, and driven. I've developed lasting friendships with them.

ConsBooking.com is the type of company that tries to trick you into loving your job. A handful of bumbling idiots fall for it and would practically give their lives for B.com. The rest of us are attuned to their games and are miserable drones whose souls exit their bodies the moment we step through the door each morning. I was a robot for 8 hours a day because I was assigned menial tasks that required zero thinking and attended pointless/endless meetings about equally worthless crap. I once attended a meeting about meetings. No lie.

If one of the Kool-Aid drinking managers doesn't like you or recognizes that you are not as brainwashed as they are, you will not advance. You will continue to do the same meaningless busy work day-in and day-out. If the managers do not personally like you and invite you to Sunday brunch or SoulCycle, you will not advance and you will most likely be driven out of the company by their cold-shoulder, high school pettiness.

If you have any ounce of creativity in your noodle, DO NOT accept a job as a Content Editor. There is minimal writing involved. You proofread text prepared by a robot and make sales calls soliciting photos from hoteliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is for upper management- the Darrens and Michaelas of the company: hire local managers with management experience. Don't hire someone fresh out of college and promote them 4 times in 2 years. They are not properly trained to manage people. They've simply worked the system.

Sales Coordinator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company encourages employees to lead projects and all employees are expected to roll up… Cons: Depending on the office, leading projects and upward mobility is based on likability not on performance. Management runs a popularity show. It… Advice to Senior Management: Management lacks people skills and tact. Managers have little to no managerial experience. They micromanage and expend more time targeting employees weaknesses instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service Executive

Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome place to work to, good quarterly bonuses, great benefits Cons: to strict on attentent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Booking.com.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!