Booking.com

There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

Booking Dot No...Seriously

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

A free monthly lunch? You'll need that on their salary. Managers are pretty useless. So if your goal is too just survive without working too hard, this job will allow that as long as you smile and can hold a cordial conversation.

Cons

If this new minimum wage proposal passes, high school dropouts will be making only a little less than college-educated employees with college loans to play back. Promotions or a future? No, that's only for Europeans and the managers' friends. As far as senior management goes, cardboard cutouts motivate more productivity. Their seniors are more geared at maintaining the sheep than the workload. This is why good workers tend to be overworked because they end up overcompensating for those no longer applied. As long as no one complains, the managers ignore it. If you are smart and ambitious, there is no place for you here. If you are indebt and desperate, I'm sorry and good luck.

Advice for the better? Leave.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Booking.com (View Most Recent)

A company that cares about no one.

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers + opportunity for travel.

Cons

Made to feel like everything you do is wrong, unattainable bonuses and goals, scolded if any goals are not reached and made to feel like you just aren't working hard enough (even if the time frame and expectations are absolutely outlandish), plus terrible management. I've never worked somewhere that made me feel so undervalued. It is clear that this company only cares about making money for stockholders and not at all about the people doing the actual labor.

Did I Really Do This For Two Years?

Former Employee - Content Editor
    Former Employee - Content Editor

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

I went to Amsterdam and traveled the U.S. for a few business trips. Those are my happiest memories of the company...when I wasn't actually doing work.

Booking.com gave everyone an iPad for Christmas and threw a super amazing Christmas party at the Amsterdam headquarters, filled with booze, house music, and actual fun.

Most of the people I worked with are smart, talented, creative, and driven. I've developed lasting friendships with them.

Cons

Booking.com is the type of company that tries to trick you into loving your job. A handful of bumbling idiots fall for it and would practically give their lives for B.com. The rest of us are attuned to their games and are miserable drones whose souls exit their bodies the moment we step through the door each morning. I was a robot for 8 hours a day because I was assigned menial tasks that required zero thinking and attended pointless/endless meetings about equally worthless crap. I once attended a meeting about meetings. No lie.

If one of the Kool-Aid drinking managers doesn't like you or recognizes that you are not as brainwashed as they are, you will not advance. You will continue to do the same meaningless busy work day-in and day-out. If the managers do not personally like you and invite you to Sunday brunch or SoulCycle, you will not advance and you will most likely be driven out of the company by their cold-shoulder, high school pettiness.

If you have any ounce of creativity in your noodle, DO NOT accept a job as a Content Editor. There is minimal writing involved. You proofread text prepared by a robot and make sales calls soliciting photos from hoteliers.

My advice is for upper management- the Darrens and Michaelas of the company: hire local managers with management experience. Don't hire someone fresh out of college and promote them 4 times in 2 years. They are not properly trained to manage people. They've simply worked the system.

There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!