Boom Marketing

www.boommarketingsd.com

Slave away for pennies and empty promises.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMeet a lot of younger people.
Self reliant and control your own work pace.
New job venue week to week.
Learning new sales techniques that work.
Fellow employees are all awesome.

Cons- $8 /hr
- sketchy paychecks (if you do a google search about "the smart circle," this seems to be a theme).
- the schedule is all over the place, you don't know when you'll work until that day.

The list is endless so i'll save you some time and just search "the smart circle" and the plentiful complaints about the company are generally true. I did this when i first started and questioned the company from day 1. I also thought "man, these people just complained because they didn't want to work hard." However as time when on... a lot of the things the company told us wasn't necessarily true.

Dancer = stripper
Direct marketing = Sales (they tell you they are looking for managers but in the end, numbers are what dictates how fast or successful you will be).

There are more in depth analysis of Smart Circle's companies out there and are easy to find but if you type in google "the smart circle, the first suggestion follows with "pyramid scheme," then the first 3 website available are www.glassdoor.com, ripoff report and complaints board... and not even their own website... some red flags should come about.

My biggest gripe about this company is people not being straight forward about things. This is something i've learned... it is sales and even though they tell you otherwise... if you can sell? You will do fantastic. However... you have to remember that whoever is above you... they're there because they are good at sales... being good at sales means being good at influencing others to believe and trust what you are saying. The people at the top are very good at manipulating words to get you to believe what they want you to see.

This type of company does not need to exist very long to make money... if they can go 8 months, that is an accomplishment. Then the company tanks, they rename it to some other name and do it all over again filling young naive college graduate's with empty promises and rinse and repeat.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be more direct with the job.

Ehhhhh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Learned indirect marketing Cons: $8/Hour vs Commission 7:30am meetings were cool but didn't tell you if you are schedule to work until the day of. Inconsistent. Manager can take you off… Advice to Senior Management: Be more inspiring as a manager. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Work with opportunity for growth and recognition

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Plenty of hours and growth. No cap on performance incentives so I… Cons: Plenty of hours and a learning curve. Advice to Senior Management: give me more, I can handle it! Advice to other posters: not everything is for everyone. Don't post negative stuff on here if you got… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boom Marketing.

Worked for Boom Marketing? Contribute to the Community!