There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing

Fun, Exciting, Always something new.

Current Employee - Event Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Event Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is very positive and the employees are all really hard working and are good at what they do! The teaching and training program is a great way to keep learning and growing and get you motivated and moving towards management. Great group of people and awesome work ethic.

Cons

We definitely work a lot more than the average company, but that was explained.

I wish we all got to spend more time together as a team.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Boom Marketing (View Most Recent)

Manager Training Program

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Developing and practicing skills on a daily basis
    -Training
    -Leadership
    -Fun environment
    -Ridiculous opportunities and growth potential.
    -You get to see what you're made of, and capable of becoming. I've personally seen people come in with little to nothing and advance through the program a better person, with a solid business background.

Cons

-Hard work with occasional work/life balance out of whack
    -If you don't go all in, your skill development and paycheck won't be what you expected.

Honestly, most of the negative reviews come from people who didn't go all in, or think that the world somehow owes them something. If you're wanting a clock-in/clock-out kind of job, this isn't for you, and you won't flourish. This is for people who want to find out what they're worth, and want to become something more. The upside of this business is ridiculous (we literally have thousands of stores and dozens of products for these stores, and we simply don't have enough capable people to fill the spots); but you'll only make it through if you push and push hard.

Be more upfront in the beginning regarding how much hard work it will actually take. There's lots of focus on the potential to turn around and grow into a manager super quickly, but the time frame given is not always the norm; and many people get down on themselves about it at some point or another while in the field if they don't achieve this or that in the time they originally anticipated.

Under-promote, Over Deliver

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wake up earlier than everyone else in the morning because of the team environment, proven excellence, massive growth potential and minimal boring desk tasks.

Cons

You have to work hard for your rewards with this company. They are there but only for those who are willing to bring their best selves everyday for the client. This is the secret to our projected growth in 2013.

Keep your foot on the gas.

There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing