refuses to disclose information-bait and switch

Former Employee - Marketing "manager:  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Marketing "manager: in San Diego, CA

I worked at Boom Marketing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

none-don't waste your time on this scam!

Cons

Boom marketing spams craigslist with dozens of ads, then does a bait and switch with jobs. the company lures in people and wastes their time with minimum wage no skill jobs. The job consists of cold sales.

Be honest because every single ad on craigslist will be flagged for removal

Other Reviews for Boom Marketing

Fun, Exciting, Always something new.

Current Employee - Event Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Event Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is very positive and the employees are all really hard working and are good at what they do! The teaching and training program is a great way to keep learning and growing and get you motivated and moving towards management. Great group of people and awesome work ethic.

Cons

We definitely work a lot more than the average company, but that was explained.

I wish we all got to spend more time together as a team.

Manager Training Program

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Developing and practicing skills on a daily basis
    -Training
    -Leadership
    -Fun environment
    -Ridiculous opportunities and growth potential.
    -You get to see what you're made of, and capable of becoming. I've personally seen people come in with little to nothing and advance through the program a better person, with a solid business background.

Cons

-Hard work with occasional work/life balance out of whack
    -If you don't go all in, your skill development and paycheck won't be what you expected.

Honestly, most of the negative reviews come from people who didn't go all in, or think that the world somehow owes them something. If you're wanting a clock-in/clock-out kind of job, this isn't for you, and you won't flourish. This is for people who want to find out what they're worth, and want to become something more. The upside of this business is ridiculous (we literally have thousands of stores and dozens of products for these stores, and we simply don't have enough capable people to fill the spots); but you'll only make it through if you push and push hard.

Be more upfront in the beginning regarding how much hard work it will actually take. There's lots of focus on the potential to turn around and grow into a manager super quickly, but the time frame given is not always the norm; and many people get down on themselves about it at some point or another while in the field if they don't achieve this or that in the time they originally anticipated.

There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing.

Worked for Boom Marketing? Contribute to the Community!