Boom Marketing

www.boommarketingsd.com

Waste of your life and time.

Marketing Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsCool people, everyone is young.
Cool team environment.
Makes you feel like you're doing something important.

Cons8$ an hour VS Comission. Not $8 an hour plus commission. This means $8 an hour, don't let them convince you otherwise.
There is no set schedule. They make it up when you get there at the 7:30 AM meeting everyday. There could be a 4 hour gap between the morning meeting and when you're scheduled to work and you will not know until you get there. This eliminates any possibility that you can work a second job. The only guarantee is that you will not work on Monday or Tuesday.
They say they're going to teach you state of the art sales and marketing techniques but really what they teach you is to lie to the customer. Oh, and that 90% of people you will talk to will not want to buy what you are selling so the biggest part of the job is not getting discouraged that you are making $8 an hour.
They bait you with the Assistant Manager title, claiming that you can make $40,000 to $50,000 a month after 6 months, but the only people working there have been there more than that and have not reached that position. In fact, nobody there had. They're all still making $8 an hour.
They make you memorize pointless "systems" word for word that are meaningless and contradictory.

The list goes on.

I wish I had listened to the bad reviews on here and not the good ones before I devoted my time to this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the commission system, and be up front with people about how much they're going to making. Also, make a schedule in advance so that people will know what they're working beforehand like a normal business. Also, stop giving people false hope because you're ruining lives.

WORK WORK SLAVE AWAY

Team Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Travel. But way outside of your gas budget. Cons: Everything under the sun. Worked for them, got promoted, left because… Advice to Senior Management: BE HONEST No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

refuses to disclose information-bait and switch

Marketing "manager: (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Boom Marketing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: none-don't waste your time on this scam! Cons: Boom marketing spams craigslist with dozens of ads, then does a bait and switch with jobs. the company… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest because every single ad on craigslist will be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boom Marketing.

Worked for Boom Marketing? Contribute to the Community!