There are newer employer reviews for Boostability

This a good place to build a foundation in Search engine optimization

Former Employee - Account Management in American Fork, UT
Former Employee - Account Management in American Fork, UT

I worked at Boostability

Pros

Positive management team who wants their employees to succeed.
-- Loose and relaxed work environment. Dress is casual and they just want results, nothing more, they don't really care how it's done

Cons

-- Poor benefits, really it was just a paycheck and nothing more.
-- Poor pay scale for the nature of the work.

Be a little more clear and direct with training, and job expectations. Offer some concrete reasons about why employment at Boostability is so great. I don't really care about the "boostability" vision as I have no vested interest in the company.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Boostability (View Most Recent)

Fun Environment to Gain Experience

I have been working at Boostability full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Boostability works hard to make the work environment fun and engaging. They regularly bring in food and treats, sponsor games and contests, and throw killer company parties. The atmosphere is laid back and casual. In most cases, they are flexible with schedules to accommodate students. They do a lot of training, so it's a great place to learn skills and gain experience in the SEO field.

Cons

A huge percentage of the company consists of entry-level students, and the pay scale reflects that. Unfortunately, Boost tends to underpay their full time professionals as well. It's hard to consider a long term career here when the money just isn't there.

Boost would do well to hire managers with real experience and training. In the two years I have worked here, I have seen at least 6 people get promoted to team lead positions who are hard workers but very inexperienced. They quickly get burned out and quit, and then the process repeats itself. A training program for first time team leads might help with that, but hiring people with some real experience and leadership skills would help even more.

I'm Staying Here for a While

I have been working at Boostability full-time

Pros

I like it here. While it does feel like more of stepping stone; given all the stones out there I'm glad that I chose this one. The management that I work with are super awesome and on top of things. My team members and team lead are always ready and willing to help with any of the problems that come up, and everyone seems really flexible and we tend to get answers pretty fast --at least I do for what my questions are. I think that your experience really depends on your team --and the things that you want to be involved in. Boostability gives all sorts of learning experiences like SLCSEM (which teaches you about SEO in greater depth,) and then they tend to switch things up which teaches us more about other aspects of how SEO works.

Cons

Once you get put on a team it kinda feels like you're stuck there. There's a lot of growth in that the company is growing, but not a whole lot of change in your day to day routine. There's also a lot of sitting down. So if you're a person who doesn't like sitting down and staring at a computer you probably shouldn't work here. Also, I agree with the other statements that benefits could be better, but if you're coming straight from college and are still under your parent's insurance it's nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Boostability