There are newer employer reviews for Boots

The job is great, the management isn't.

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boots

Pros

Good incentive Work In a fast past environment Good product knowledge training Inspiring teammates

Cons

Annoying guest asking irrelevant questions Horrible manager, I should say dictator. No upper management support No chance of promotion even if you work super hard.

Advice to Management

Get involved with the feedback from the beauty advisors. We work the hardest and get the least recognition. Does not feel like a giant team AT ALL.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very strong community, low pay, but comfortable working environment

Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Leicester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Boots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly staff, nice people to work with, a good strong brand reputation, attracts a wide range of customers, makes it a comfortable environment to work in. Good discount benefits on Boots and Non-Boots products, opportunities for promotion by joining management schemes

Cons

Pay is rather low, management schemes incentives are not great, it is best to do it more out of enjoyment than for the money.

Advice to Management

The company was better when I started, due to the takeover by alliance and another American company afterwards, the benefits got worse, good staff left, some who had been there more than 20 years, sadly it seems to be getting worse.

2. D90

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Beeston, East Midlands, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Beeston, East Midlands, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots full-time

Pros

Nothing to do so you can spend most of your time walking to the staff shop and back! Managers have no idea what's going on and spend a lot of time in "meetings" so you can really coast by... some people don't like it but I personally love it! Very inclusive. As a gay man I don't feel I can't be myself!!

Cons

Bus takes ages! Sometimes there is a bit too much people watching going on, really, it's like, get a life! Pay could be better but I suppose I Don't do a lot!!!

Advice to Management

I don't know what to say, I don't want to jeapordise my easy life!

Boots Response

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback and we will share it further.