Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Terrific company - great opportunities, great experience, great pay and great benefits! GREAT!

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Booz Allen Hamilton is known for providing great service to their clients. This is accomplished mainly through the hiring of highly competent, experienced professionals. 99% of the personnel at Booz Allen Hamilton are top notch performers. There are excellent opportunities to garner all sorts of experience and to move around internally and geographically within the company. They provide very good pay and benefits in order to maintain the talented people they hire. I've had job offers making considerable more money at other companies and have turned them all down to stay at Booz Allen Hamilton - they're that good.

Cons

Some complain that the annual assessment you receive is too time consuming It typically can take 5-10 hours to complete and it's supposed to be done on your own time (but is optional). Booz Allen Hamilton spends a lot of time and resources conducting assesments and I feel it is a terrific process.

Only thing I worry about is losing my job when things get slow and become unbillable.

2290 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

I was an intern so didn't have too much to do

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

They tried to help me learn more about government contracting

Cons

A lot of down time

Was a good place to work but times are changing

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Talented staff are usually recognized. Opportunities for advancement usually based on results. Culture of collegial management (at least historically) and proactive mentoring. Fair amount of autonomy.

Cons

Life-work balance close to nonexistent for management and business development levels- it's assumed you're available 24/7. Cyclical over-reaction to events throughout the fiscal year. Get off the billable hours train and focus on business development at your own risk.

Manage the transition to a public firm without forgetting your roots - the commitment to people as resources is becoming a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton