Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,905 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

1905 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

If you are considering BAH as an employer, please reconsider.

Associate (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

ProsThe healthcare benefits are excellent.
The vacation benefit is on par with industry.
The general work environment is professional and there are some really smart and hard working people in the organization.

ConsThe upper management, principals and above are very disconnected from the organization. I was in the firm for over a year yet the only time I met my principal was when he hired me and when he laid me off.

The staffing process is a joke, there is no process you are expected to apply to each job as you would externally and have go to through the same process (i.e. multiple interviews, non responsive hiring managers, recruiters and even negotiate salaries due to salary caps). There is no help from the internal resource managers.

In terms of work, most of the work is staff augmentation. There are very limited consulting opportunities, for the most part BAH is operating as a staffing firm where it fills seats with its resources.

BAH hired several hundred people for its new "commercial practice" yet laid them off within a matter of 3-6 months so job stability is non-existent.

You are expected to take any project whether it is a skillset match or not or even aligned with your career goals just to keep your job.

There is no severance process, you are just given a 2 week notice and shown the door unlike most of the top tier consulting firms.

The assessment process is very cumbersome and biased. They say it is a 360 feedback yet only specific feedback is filtered into the final assessment to ensure that you get the planned "assessment"

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire people if you don't have the work or signed contracts.
Cut all the overhead costs (Senior Associates and above) to make your your hourly rates more realistic and competitive with the market landscape.

Professionally rewarding, personally demanding

McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Quality of workforce, reputation, brand, peers, mentors, entrepreneurship Cons: Bureaucracy, conservatism, competitiveness, risk profile, hoteling Advice to Senior Management: keep focus on people and developing next wave of leadership Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Project Manager-Engineer

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Company with superior management. Cons: Large company makes it difficult for promotion opportunities. Advice to Senior Management: Provide ways for mid level management to develop career… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.