Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2054 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Ok, but not going after new business segments

Associate (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood pay, good benefits, but they will give you a low ball offer when you are first coming in off the street.

ConsYour team makes a big difference. I've seen where people with a certain boss are given more flexibility then others, when doing the same function, such as a volunteer or mentor event.
The company is big and therefore takes a long time to make decisions.
The company in the Colorado area is continueing to go after the same clients, when the market is shifting and typical DOD clients have fewer funds to spend on consultants. Also, much of the work tends to be workforce augmentation rather than actual consulting work.
Now that the firm has gone public it is all about the bottom line. I fully expect benefits to start disapearing so that profits can be maintained and shareholders stay happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo after work in the private sector.

Project Manager-Engineer

Project Manager (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Company with superior management. Cons: Large company makes it difficult for promotion opportunities. Advice to Senior Management: Provide ways for mid level management to develop career… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lack of upward mobility

Associate (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great 401K plan with matching Cons: Very focussed on the Federal market, and more like a body shop (temp) agency. More interested in filling billable seats on long term staff… Advice to Senior Management: Work to actually be a consulting firm and compete in the commercial sector, and bid projects with travel to bring in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!