Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

Excellent experience at a very professional company

Current Employee - Associate  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

-Team environment
-Military friendly
-Smart, driven professionals

Cons

-Bureaucratic structure can slow the administrative process of business development

-Streamline the business development process to promote management and consulting experience at the lower levels.

Other reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

reasonable pay
    ok benefits and PTO time

Cons

They talk values and ethics, but have no for themselves. Its for the employees assessment, and not for management to follow.
    Worst management, bar none. Expect you to work 7 days a week. No positive feedback, they just nitpick. ALWAYS micromanaging. I get asked for a work status 5 times a day. Try to get work done with that. Bad managers seemed like they are juiced in. If you get one, you are stuck and you might as well start looking for something else.
    There is no moving up the ladder unless you sell the company. You must bring in business to move before a senior consultant level. That also means if the client is upset, your manager will toss you under the bus to save is butt.

No one in HQ has any idea what happens in the trenches. You need to listen to your soldiers, because a few bad leaders will destroy any chance of victory.

Beware of contract overruns and lack of reimbursements for incurred travel, unethical practices."

Former Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

I spent 5+ years with Booz. Pay and benefits were not an issue, but I hustled and traveled an inordinate amount of time, which cost me a significant amount of personal challenges and finances. Working for Booz you can get the Waterman and the t-shirt, at least resume fodder.

Cons

Booz did not look out for career and was solely based on maintaining utilization. I traveled extensively and worked high-profile presidential visible IT programs. During that time I traveled extensively, contract cost was overrun, and I left the firm with $12K they owed me or rather my corporate card for reimbursement. They also don't want you to report more hours than you work but run an average of expecting at least 41-42 hours a week for client work, unethical.

Trust your employees, look beyond the bottom line and operate with integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!