There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Happy to have left BAH

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The 401K and free coffee!

Cons

Company changed and for the worst once it public. Hoteling was implemented. Pink slips were given to often. Camaraderie went out the door. I enjoyed BAH for several years, but decided to leave with the new "IMPLEMENTED" culture.

2137 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Horrible Onboarding - Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for professional development. The company offers a lot of benefits and opportunities to grow as a professional. Up to 5K a year, per employee towards certification, tuition, membership dues (to professional organizations), workshops, etc. The employees here are very collaborative, intelligent and eager to help one another. It's a culture of exceptionalism and excellence.

Cons

I was offered the job on the phone and we settled on salary. Strung along for 3.5 MONTHS without a written offer. When I finally got the written offer, it was for 9K less than I was offered on the phone (what was agreed to) and they couldn't start me till March. HR rep I dealt with was horrible at communicating. I really felt like they low-balled me and then threw salt on a wound.

My advice only applies to your hiring practices. See 'Cons' section for definition of 'doing it wrong'

Good for starting a career, not so much for experienced, cleared professionals

Former Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training.
    Great working from home policy.
    Nice, professional folks

Cons

Equity owned.
    Talk of work life balence ? there is none esp. if your working proposals, some managers expect replys to emails at 11pm.
    Clumsy security staff when working with agencies.
    More employees than there are uncleared positions - has become, "everyone for themselves" when finding billable hours.
    For you cleared professionals out there be very careful accepting offers with contigencies from this company, they have been giving start dates without customer acceptance and security paperwork already in place..all this = stress and RIF

By back the Gov. business or hope someone else buys it soon so you can get back to caring about your customers and employees

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!