Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,905 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

1905 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Overall, good experience, but there are some downsides.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

ProsThe firm (in general) has flexible working arrangements. There is also ability for advancement, but the promotion is very structured. You really have to work hard to get promoted here.

ConsThe company seems to care much more about being profitable since it has gone public. Management is always going to responsible to shareholders, but shouldn't be at the expense of the employees.

Poor leadership and no incentive

Associ (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: In general you are a not tied to a specific contract - so when one contract is done, you… Cons: Limited career opportunities Leadership is almost non-existent – lots of managers, just no leaders The message from management is “you’re lucky to have a job.” This message… Advice to Senior Management: Just because you’re successful at marketing, doesn’t make you a successful… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 401k is 10% of salary regardless of contribution; this is the highest of any company I have ever worked for. Salary is great.… Cons: Government work is sometimes very slow. Also we are at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.