Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Fantastisches Arbeitsumfeld Amazing working environment

Former Employee - Associate in Munich (Germany)
Former Employee - Associate in Munich (Germany)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Tolle Work-Life-Balance; professionelles und herausforderndes Umfeld; effiziente Organisation; der beste Ort, um beruflich weiterzukommen.

amazing work life balance; professional and challenging environment; efficient organization; best place to grow professionally

Cons

Nicht sicher, wie es sich verändert hat, nachdem Carlyle ausgestiegen ist.

Not sure how changed after Carlyle bailed it out.

Verlassen Sie sich nicht ausschließlich auf das Dienstalter um mitzubekommen, was man von den Leuten erwarten kann.

Don't rely only on the level of seniority to figure out what to expect from people

2242 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great resume builder

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depth and breadth of experience
    Strong introduction to business world
    Helps you learn your strengths and weaknesses
    Make your own path to leadership and management positions

Cons

Must be into sales and contract negotiations if you want to survive and move up in the firm.

Great place to work once you come to terms with the culture.

Former Employee - Associate in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Associate in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, a wealth of knowledge and experience in the company, mentors are at every turn, culture is aimed at developing and growing employees.

Cons

When I first showed up to work I noticed immediately I was by far the youngest person around. I thought at first that was normal but then I noticed more and more over my next 4 years that there is some age discrimination. Not in hiring or blatant but it exists. I was passed over as the lead on projects multiple times by people who were just as, or even less, qualified than I was but they were older. They claim to be a "flat" organization but the hierarchy is very clear. Because most of the staff is former military the culture subsequently became a very militaristic type work environment. In most ways it was good but it did not allow for a lot of chances to disagree or challenge the status quo without being seen as a troublemaker.

Listen to the young people. I promise you that if you give them autonomy and responsibility they will take the firm to places it has never been before. We used to be a top dog but now we are seen as that old dog who has picked his spot with government and waits for its scraps. We have a group called the Strategic Innovation Group, they have not innovated a thing, ever! They take other peoples ideas and try to build on them. You CANNOT innovate sitting in McLean, VA you need to embrace tech and changing times and go out and find the next big thing that is going to put you back on the map!

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton