Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 2,015 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

2015 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Stable and respected, but a bit dull

Associate (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsAfter having worked at Booz Allen for five years, I can say that there are a lot of awesome things about the firm. It's a good place to work, with pragmatic management that make generally intelligent business decisions. The ECAP contribution is outstanding, and I had consistently fantastic administrative management. Salaries are generally consistent with market competitors (e.g., Deloitte, PwC, CEB) but I've heard of the occasional massive bump, though its not typical.

ConsWith that said, its easy for an ambitious young person to "hit the deep end of the pool" in terms of what the firm can offer. The business model is designed for "command-and-control"-style business development and responses to client RFPs, which is stable (to the extent that the government pipeline is consistent) but doesn't engender a ton of entrepreneurial spirit. The firm isn't positioned to do work on small strategy teams, preferring to launch massive, expensive engagements (which is very pragmatic and stable, but boring). Finally, its becoming a bit hard to determine what the firm's strategy is in terms of the commercial / international market. Even though it claims to be interested in the space, I haven't seen much progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe firm needs to figure out how to balance the need for work/life balance and the practical realities of project work. This is, after all, consulting. It is hard work.

The business model also needs to evolve past pure federal government consulting work. Sustainable growth of 10% a year won't be possible using this alone.

Overall good, with conditions

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive salaries, good training opportunities, and excellent "core values". Overall… Cons: Client base consists overwhelmingly of federal agencies. If you are not interested in working/consulting for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Opportunity to work with some of the brightest consultants in the industry solving challenging client problems

Lead Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: 1) Some of the brightest people I have met work at Booz Allen 2) Strong culture of teamwork, leveraging the best the firm… Cons: 1) Diversity in senior leadership (most come from the government or military; few from industry and who grow up in the firm out of college) 2)… Advice to Senior Management: Booz Allen has extremely talented consultants around the world. In order to keep the talent, really need to focus on providing faster advancement opportunities… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Booz Allen Hamilton – Why Work for Us?

We're looking for people with brains and heart. We believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll help some of the most… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Ralph W. Shrader. All reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees.