There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Positive experience, great place to start a career

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, many leadership opportunities

Cons

changing culture since IPO, employee welfare less of a concern at partner level than it once was

need to re-connect with employees

reviews filtered by

Don't work for Booz Allen if you are a software developer

Former Intern - Intern Research Assistant in Herndon, VA
    Former Intern - Intern Research Assistant in Herndon, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Booz Allen has a pretty good company culture and everyone is incredibly nice.

Cons

Booz Allen doesn't have good work for you if you're serious about programming. There are a couple projects you can work on, but those are few and far between. You will most likely spend most of your time writing power point presentations, making excel spreadsheets and sitting in meetings.

Don't disenfranchise your female engineers. I got the distinct impression that I did not work on a team that was at all engineering oriented because I'm a woman. I read resumes instead. Very disappointing.

Mundane and Brain dead work

Former Employee - Associate in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Associate in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Pay
    - Flex Schedule
    - Benefits
    - Laid back work environment

Cons

This review is based on my experience at Aberdeen/Belcamp office and doesn’t reflect the entire Booz Allen Hamilton Company. The Aberdeen office is just another "body shop" where management is throwing their hats in any and every RFQ that CECOM puts out on the market. Although management love to say that BAH brings intellectual capital to the table but most of the work is brain dead and mundane. The only positive is that they compensate you quite well.
    Most of the focus seems to be on burning down the funding without evaluating the value being provided to the client. Sad part is the client doesn't really know/understand what they are getting (a lot of fluff). The management lacks people and professional development skills.

Identify the key things that BAH (Aberdeen office) brings to the table and distinguishes BAH from other body shops. It is ok to say "no" to a RFQ if the work is not BAH's specialization instead of hiring to get bodies in place. Start utilizing matrix organization and really utilize "reach back" capability.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton