Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Good first job to grow experience in IT field

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, reasonable hours, exciting work

Cons

Hoteling, frequent project uncertainty due to structure and government budget changes

more in person team environments

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Lack of training and set up employees to fail - believes in favorites

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with high profile government projects with bonuses, perks, and awards on a monthly basis. Severance package was decent with forced layoffs after Space Program cancelled.

Cons

Place people in areas regularly outside of their expertise without training to force them to fail allowing BAH the opportunity to get rid of them. Did not assist people in locating other jobs within the company and laid off several thousands of good people from new hires to those that had been with the company 15+ years.

Find ways to keep good people and train those you have to prevent potential failures.

A Former Consulting Giant that is becoming a Government Contractor

Current Employee - Associate in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like to work with the government and want to work for one of the better firms, this is the right firm. There are some very sharp people here who understand government work and they have work in every federal space.

Cons

The firm has made standard the practice of issuing Lack of Work notices (i.e. find a job or you’re laid off) to young staff that cannot find work within several weeks of finishing a project. The main issue I have with this practice is that it isn’t up to the junior staff to win work, it’s up to the Partners and Principles to win work. There is also a related attrition problem. And lastly, even though I have been successful in finding a project to hide in while the purging of staff continues, when I tried to find a project that I want to work on I have been told by multiple Senior Associates that I should be grateful that I have a project to work on right now...

Start by letting the staff know the firm's strategy moving forward and stop giving junior staff lack of work notices (its not their fault you cant win work)

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton