Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com

2039 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Reputable company, but at luck of the draw of what project/task they assign you.

Senior Consultant Level II (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsVery reputable company. It is a "people" company where they care about the person first. If you are between tasks (BAH calls, "On the beach") they will try to find new a new one. Not always successful in that regard, but at least you know they are trying to look out for you when you are done with a project unlike other places I worked.

ConsSome of the projects they assign are on thin ice. Some you go to and do not really work. I understand that you need to take the initiative, but when your client has nothing for you, you begin to stray away from what you were hired for. We had to see if other sections of our client (from our assigned one) had anything we can help with. Some did, some did not. Also, you may have the credentials to work for this company when you apply, but it is fifty-fifty whether they will call you for that first interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far, so good on treating the employee with respect and trying to find a new assignment for those "on the beach." But it seems bueracracy is starting to show its ugly head. Try to minumize that. Also, check out some of the projects BAH has, some employees are just "collecting a check" through no fault of their own.

The grass may be greener on the other side, but atleast you know what you are mowing

Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Investment in professional and educational development Cons: Some managers that lack people skills Advice to Senior Management: Properly screen individuals who are being considered for leadership positions. Not everyone can inspire and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Slow Drift to Mediocre Government Contractor

Lead Associate (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I joined Booz Allen 6+ years ago and left in 2012. At the outset, it was a great company to work for with a myriad… Cons: Just about everything changed with the Carlyle private equity firm investment and subsequent public offering. Booz's reputation in the marketplace is pretty at odds with… Advice to Senior Management: -Reward great work and commitment with internal promotions -Start firing the senior leaders you brought in with core values issues -Cut out the non-value added overhead at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!