Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
  www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Booz Allen is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Aberdeen, MD
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of growth opportunities, not just a dead end job

Cons

Starting to take away flexible paid time off

2236 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place to grow as a professional and diversify your skills

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and training programs. Committed to work-life balance with multiple flexible work options. Great opportunity to develop consulting skills in both business and technical environment. A culture that fosters diversity and community service.

Cons

Dependency on government funding creates periods of instability. Althought the company can manage those periods better than most other government contractors, it cannot guarantee 100% job security.

Sinking faster than the Titanic

Current Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, Benefits, ability to tele-work.

Cons

ECAP/401K just got slashed to 7.5% next year, and 6% after that. I would expect that trend to continue. We also just lost our floating holidays and the claim was it gave us "more flexibility". Raises greatly reduced over the past few years.

We just lost several managers, and the process lacked any formal communication from leadership until days later. In many cases, clients and direct reports were unaware of the change outside of the rumor mill.

Most of the good people at the firm have left now, and the few that remaining are all looking after the past week. What will remain, as is much of the new employees is suits with nothing inside. (Can we say lipstick on pigs?!)

Get your heads out of your butts. It's clear to all the employees that the changes are all negative and just a money grab at our benefits and pay. To the CEO-- you personally need to go away. You are responsible for the demise of a once great company. You are incompetent at best and all your choices have led to this -- the IPO, the split of the company, the Carlyle group buyout. Admit responsibility and quit now so the sliver of competent people can fix your mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton