There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst  in  Fayetteville, NC
Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best on boarding ever - creates immediate personal investment in company. Felt like a valuable asset and appreciated management involvement in the employees' well-being. Great benefits and educational opportunities. Even the upper management took the time to make new team members feel welcome and as if their contributions mattered. People actually listened and took suggestions into consideration - or at least were polite enough to pretend, which goes a long way! Smart, creative and personally invested coworkers make for a wonderful work atmosphere. Client facing contract work is interesting and rewarding, with the opportunity to make real and noticeable contributions to customer productivity.

Cons

Only con was the teaming with other companies - created a bit of pay inequity for people doing the same jobs side by side, and fragmenting within teams. Not Booz Allen's fault, just a byproduct of teaming contracts.

The 360 evaluation process is horrendously complicated and time consuming. A simple "how to" guide would've made it less intimidating the first go through. I do appreciate that it's online, though.

2127 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Out of touch management reflects poorly on the smart people employed at Booz Allen.

Current Employee - Cost Estimator  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Cost Estimator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

-BAH is very skilled in hiring quality, personable, smart people
    -Good salaries, decent benefits

Cons

With the downturn of the economy and looming sequestration, management has lost sight of the well being of their employees and are solely focused on the firm's future path. This has built a bitter, pessimistic attitude within the office.

Start focusing on the morale of your employees and in the offices. In times like this, it's the little things that matter. Don't lose sight of that.

My experience was tainted by a difficult and unsupportive manager.

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good mentoring programs, especially for employees just out of college. Plenty of subject matter experts to consult and use on various government contracts.

Cons

Booz's assessment process is a nightmare. They force employees to spend ridiculous amounts of time evaluating their performance over that previous year. It is unproductive and encourages people to try to game the system rather than improve on performance and set reasonable goals. I preferred the environment at the two telecom corporations I worked for. The consulting firm pressure of finding new work is exhausting and not for everyone.

Screen your managers better. Booz was my first experience in my 20-year professional career that I was miserable on a daily basis. Loved the client; detested a manager who had little mentoring skills and little concern for his team.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!