Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Most humanistic company I've worked for.

Current Employee - Associate in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Associate in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managers seem to care about your career and happiness. Excellent flexibility with hours(Just have to make your minimum hours for the month). Excellent PTO accrual rate, as an Associate I receive 21 days per year on top of the federal holidays. Decent pay raises, received 6% pay raise after my first year and 9%(with promotion) after my second year.

Cons

Raises are on the down-hill because of the economy(promotion to Associate used to net 12-15%). If you are at the client site 100% of the time then you can feel somewhat disconnected from the firm.

Reach out to your staff that are located at the client site.

2284 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Lead Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Above average salaries for the industry (for now), good benefits, respectful work atmosphere, community involvement. Opportunity for advancement up to the lead associate level. Good employee recognition program.

Cons

With the decline in government spending, Booz is taking some hits. A couple rounds of lay offs targets administrative professionals and mid to senior managment - more are likely on the way. Perks have tapered off after the company went public. Promotion above lead associate is difficult in the current business enviroment. Territorial management makes it difficult to explore business opportunities outside your team/geography. Recently announced the cancellation of the current Employee Capital Accumulation Program - a great benefit which put 10% of the employees salary into a 401K with no employee contribution required. Transitioning ECAP to a 401K matching in line with the rest of the industry.

Satisfied with Booz

Current Employee - Lead Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

competitive salaries, very good benefits, excellent work/life balance

Cons

difficult market is dictating a shift in how business is done which in turn is affecting the culture at the firm (some for better, some for worse)

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton