There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I learned a lot as an intern. I was mentored, and people seemed to care about me.

Current Employee - Intern  in  Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My managers were always there to answer any of my professional questions and would often stop by my work space just to chat about everyday happenings. They sponsored my security clearance and paid for my week long professional certification training. Booz Allen has awesome food too.

Cons

You get a clunky corporate laptop to lug around. But it did the job.

Keep talking to the little guys just starting out in the company. It means a lot and it will help the company culture in the long run.

2135 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Company has changed - the"secret sauce" is gone - not what it once was

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

Work with a diverse group of people
    Gain valuable experience
    Interesting work

Cons

Seldom promotes from within; would rather hire people from the outside for higher level positions
    Boasts of a culture built on core values such as trust, integrity, teamwork, professionalism, diversity, etc., yet this culture does not exist. Very difficult to find many people who actually exhibit the core values
    Career growth and overall experience varies greatly depending on what team you are on

Practice what you preach. Look at the turnover rate. Find out why many employees stay on average of three years. Take a good, hard look at middle management and go back to using objective assessors for annual assessments rather than using managers

My experience was tainted by a difficult and unsupportive manager.

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good mentoring programs, especially for employees just out of college. Plenty of subject matter experts to consult and use on various government contracts.

Cons

Booz's assessment process is a nightmare. They force employees to spend ridiculous amounts of time evaluating their performance over that previous year. It is unproductive and encourages people to try to game the system rather than improve on performance and set reasonable goals. I preferred the environment at the two telecom corporations I worked for. The consulting firm pressure of finding new work is exhausting and not for everyone.

Screen your managers better. Booz was my first experience in my 20-year professional career that I was miserable on a daily basis. Loved the client; detested a manager who had little mentoring skills and little concern for his team.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!