Booz Allen Hamilton

www.boozallen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Senior Consultant

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

Great place to work. The people are smart and care about the mission of their clients.

Cons

Since going public things have changed a lot for the worse.

2245 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Like others have said, not what it once was

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Four years ago I posted a glowing review of the firm on this site. In those four years, most of the pros I had listed have steadily been withdrawn. But for now, if you were a new hire you can still feel some of the vestiges of what made the firm the firm: a desire to support its employees to make sure that the best and brightest came here instead of our competitors. It's on its way out, though.

Cons

The incident I feel most sums up where things have gone downhill: I'm not the only staff who noticed that they solicitied firm-wide input to spend time taking the employee survey--a large portion of which discussed our time off benefits--only to release a new policy on that issue within days of the survey closing changing our benefits. In other words, to early for them to have possibly had any time to review and actually care about the results. For a firm that markets strategic communications expertise to clients this was an epic fail.

In addition, most of us have seen the ECAP phase-out writing-on-the-wall coming for a while. Mark my words, this is just the start of what eventually will turn into a vanilla 401(k)/matching system. Just like our competitors.

I am truly upset to see the direction the firm is taking, and I am not the only one - every non-senior staff on my team has the same concerns. I've worked for our competitors, and what drew my resume to the firm was that we went the extra mile to hire the best talent, and did what it took to keep us here. It would be good to remember that the thing that has provided us the ability to beat our competitors has been the resumes we are staffing to the clients. If working here is no different than any other contracting company, we're going to lose that edge because our talent pool is going to go to the Lockheeds and General Dynamics that can rely on building actual products to compensate for work-replacement contracts. Right now the firm's leadership is trading off on our reputation with the clients...but that's not a limitless pool, and if things don't turn around we are going to lose that capital too.

A very good place to work

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I would say the culture at Booz Allen is very professional. I've never worked on more diverse teams. There's excellent work-life balance and my management really cared about their staff. When I was there the benefits were very good. I would recommend anyone considering working for a large management consulting/IT integrator to look at Booz Allen.

Cons

Your largest customer is the US Government which may not be everyone's cup of tea. The engagements can seem bureaucratic.

The formula of taking care of employees to get the best out of everyone is a winning formula.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton