There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Fun but not too valuable of an experience - Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were really friendly and the building I worked in was great. The pay and perks aren't too shabby either.

Cons

Most days I didn't really do much of anything except sit and play around. I can't complain too much since I got paid but I didn't really gain much valuable experience.

2180 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work ethic and training are excellent to build and maintain industry insight and get a leg up on the market.

Cons

Dependent on projects to ensure your success not knowledge or skills. Once a project is completed you may get curbed. Lack of lateral movement.

Mentored Career Management

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like the fact that I have a job manager for every contract that I work on and a career manager who doesn't change. My career manager is the one who does my appraisals and mentors me throughout my career at Booz Allen. This is something I've never had at any company.

Cons

Short term contract work sucks, but that's the nature of this business. I don't like that you get issued a "lack of work" letter after you roll off a job with nothing to do after only 2 weeks. The benefits are nothing great now that the company is publicly traded. They constantlt watch the bottom line and it's not as much fun to work here anymore.

Stop worrying about the stockholders and treat your staff better. They are the bread & butter of your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton