Fun but not too valuable of an experience - Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were really friendly and the building I worked in was great. The pay and perks aren't too shabby either.

Cons

Most days I didn't really do much of anything except sit and play around. I can't complain too much since I got paid but I didn't really gain much valuable experience.

Other Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Unique way of operating

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

The emphasis on collaboration along with supporting infrastructure. Folks at all levels are polite and courteous. Culture supports professional dignity.

Cons

Procedures are bizarre, but have a way of working out to the good. For examples: 1)The hoteling scheme is disconcerting, but then allows you to seek out the most suitable available office situation. 2) The speed-dating style of interviewing is bizarre, but then leads to a job, so who cares? 3) Workers must search internally for their assignments. But this is hit or miss depending on whether the current contracts have the right openings. 4) The onboarding process could strike one as overdoing it.

1) Establish Health Savings Accounts as a benefit. 2) Seek out and provide longer engagements, especially involving teams working at BAH facilities.

Overall Great Experience

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Booz Allen had a great environment that is great for professional growth. The professionals are top notch and I enjoyed learning and working with them during my time with the firm. The salary was also very good. Overall it was a great experience.

Cons

The assessment process is terrible requiring someone who does not work with you assess your contribution to the firm. Proposal work requires long hours of possibly unpaid additional work.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!